We understand how a freshman’s life feels like. For first year college students, anxiety is ever present at first. Especially if you will be going far from home, tension seems to devour you every now and then. There is no need to worry, life ahead is bearable. You can do it! If in case your school is far from home, there are just some things that you need to bring along with you to minimize the hassle of going back home.
• Clothes & underwear – You can’t leave home without these. Bring along enough for a week or a few days more.
• Sheets & blankets – For first year college students, this is important especially when you’ll be staying in a dormitory. Sometimes, they don’t provide these so it’s better if you are prepared.
• Toiletry bag – You’ll need something to place your soap, shampoo, etc. in.
• Clothes hangers – You’ll need hangers to hang your clothes.
• Ear plugs – In case your room mate snores so loud or just when you feel like you need to filter the noise for you to concentrate, you’ll need these.
• Desk lamp – For times when you need to study late at night and you don’t want to wake the others up.
• Alarm Clock – This will come in handy for first year college students when you need to wake up for your early morning classes.
• Dishes & cups – Just in case your dorm runs out of these things, at least you have your own.
• Laundry basket & detergent – You’ll need these for your laundry (if you’re doing it on your own).
• Hot Pot – For coffee and tea lovers, this comes very useful.
• Lock box – You’ll need something to put away your valuables like money when you go out of the dorm. For the information of first year college students, theft is still present in the campus.
• Key Chain – This might help you in keeping your dorm key with you all the time.
•Cell phone or telephone – If your dorm doesn’t have free telephone services, you might need this when you want to contact home.
• Microwave – This is very essential when you don’t want to dine out every night.
• Cleaning supplies – You need these to maintain the cleanliness of your dorm room.
• Trash can – Again, to keep the mess in your room.
• Fan – For cases when you live in a warm place, and you want to keep yourself comfortable.
• Organizers – To keep you your things in the dorm organized.
• Medicines – Keep pain relievers and paracetamol handy.
• First Aid Kit – Just in case you or a roommate will need this.
• Tool Box – Simple tools might come useful at times. Bring along screwdrivers or a hammer with you.
• Headphones – Others might be disturbed with your music. You don’t want that to happen, do you?
•Extension cords – For your electronic appliances, you will need this if all the outlets are far from your bed.
• Refrigerator – For first year college students, this sounds expensive but it could actually save you money when you opt to prepare your own food.
• TV, Radio, Computer – Some things to provide you entertainment.
Try to check these things out before you proceed to the new environment ahead of you.
By: → J. Vadney
Tags: clothes hangers
, home clothes
, laundry basket
, room mate
, tea lovers